As the threat landscape continues to evolve, organizations are facing an increasing number of sophisticated attacks such as ransomware, fileless, and phishing attacks. To combat these threats, advanced threat protection solutions are becoming a necessity.
Enter Extended Detection and Response (XDR), the latest security approach designed to counter advanced threats. XDR offers threat protection beyond the scope of the endpoint by combining security data from multiple sources. This provides organizations with a more comprehensive view of their security posture, enabling them to detect and respond to threats more effectively.
XDR is a flexible solution that can be used as a tool or suite of tools provided by a team of experts using a proprietary or curated tech stack. It can also be implemented as a hybrid model with a few functions managed internally by the SOC and supported by an external team of specialists.
By leveraging XDR, organizations can achieve synchronized security, where all security solutions work together seamlessly to provide a more effective defense against advanced threats. This approach enables organizations to detect and respond to threats in real-time, reducing the risk of data breaches and minimizing the impact of cyber-attacks.
With the increase in ransomware, file-less, and phishing attacks organizations are implementing advanced threat protection solutions.
Extended detection and response or XDR as it is called in short form, is the latest security approach used to counter advanced threats.
XDR offers threat protection beyond the scope of the endpoint to combine security data from multiple sources.
XDR provides the flexibility of being used as a tool or suite of tools provided by a team of experts using a proprietary or curated tech stack. It can also be implemented as a hybrid model with a few functions managed internally by the SOC and supported by an external team of specialists.
Extended Detection and Response (XDR) features:
- XDR is considered a synchronized security solution that enables endpoint, network, mobile, Wi-Fi, email, and encryption products to share information in real-time and respond automatically to incidents. The primary intention of XDR is threat detection and response. It is capable of automatically responding to threats and accelerating analyst-led threat hunts and investigations to improve response times.
- XDR includes and extends detection and response capacity through multiple security layers, offering centralized end-to-end enterprise visibility, strong analytics, and automatic response across the entire technology stack. With the effective implementation of XDR proactive security measures can be designed to protect technology stack making it easier for security analysts to detect and stop attacks before they impact on the business.
- XDR allows human investigation through machine-driven analytics for identifying relevant threat information and applying the required security measures. This helps in the proper identification of the root cause of a threat.
- XDR software provides analysts with smart recommendations that are helpful for threat detection. The security data is stored on large-scale infrastructure allowing security analysts to perform various queries to locate sophisticated threats hiding in the environment.
- XDR coordinates and processes multiple alerts and extracts meaning from security events. XDR allows for prioritizing risks and understanding the context by providing a proper security plan across the organization.
Benefits of XDR
- Streamlines Security Operations Center (SOC) processes and improves their effectiveness.
- Prioritize alerts and remove redundancies.
- Provide a comprehensive analysis of the various threat vectors.
- Provide a sophisticated response mechanism when compared to traditional infrastructure control points, such as networks and endpoints.
- Automation of repetitive tasks
- Provides support based on the behavior analysis of users and technology assets.
A powerful data gathering and analysis enables us to trace an attack path and take recovery actions. An effective XDR offers efficient integration.
XDR is designed to provide overall security to digital resources and users while streamlining the operations of the organizations. It uses behavioral analytics to recognize unidentified and extremely ambiguous threats affecting the network.
XDR is mainly helpful in reducing the overall downtime as well as the amount of damage that attackers may cause after a successful intrusion.
XDR is a powerful security approach that offers organizations a more comprehensive view of their security posture. By leveraging XDR, organizations can achieve synchronized security and better protect themselves against advanced threats.
GoDgtl offers effective cybersecurity solutions through the customized implementation of the latest Threat Detection solutions. We offer robust security solutions through the implementation of the latest technologies. Our expertise in providing a comprehensive security solution helps organizations secure their vital infrastructural resources.
To learn more, contact us Contact 24/7 – GoDgtl (go-dgtl.in).