Caching involves the storing of a subset of data onto a high-speed data storage layer. It helps in processing the requests for that particular data faster by accessing the data’s primary storage location. It is useful to retrieve previously used data efficiently.
AWS ElastiCache is a fully managed caching service by Amazon Web Services (AWS). It provides an in-memory caching solution for cloud-based applications, allowing them to quickly retrieve data without having to query a database every time. Through AWS ElastiCache, web applications can access and store data more quickly due to the managed in-memory data store capabilities.
The two popular open-source caching engines supported by Elasticache include: Memcached and Redis. Memcached is a simple, high-performance, and distributed memory object caching system, while Redis is a more advanced key-value data store that supports data structures such as strings, hashes, lists, sets, and sorted sets. Key performance measures associated with Redis or Memcached nodes are easily tracked using Amazon ElastiCache.
Benefits of AWS ElastiCache
- Extreme performance: As the data is stored on a sub layer, accessing data i,e. reading data from in-memory cache is faster which improves the overall performance of the application. ElastiCache consists of end-to-end hardware and software stack for faster performance.
- Highly secure: Amazon ElastiCache simplifies the architecture while maintaining security boundaries and take advantage of granular access control to manage groups. By continuously monitoring the Redis open-source code, firmware and operating system, it is possible to detect security vulnerabilities and maintain a secure environment.
- Reduce load at the backend: ElastiCache reduces the load on the database and protect it from slower performance under load, or even crashing at times of spikes.
- Reduce database cost: Cache includes hundreds of thousands of instances in a single cache instance that replaces several database instances. It helps in reducing the overall cost for primary database.
- Provides scalability: Amazon ElastiCache allows easily scale the data as the application grows. One of its main features is the capability to scale-in and scale-out an online cluster without disrupting Redis performance, responding smoothly to fluctuating workload demands.
- Fully managed service: Amazon ElastiCache does not need any hardware provisioning, software patching, setup configuration, failure recovery, monitoring, and backups.
- Integration with other AWS services: ElastiCache integrates seamlessly with other AWS services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon EC2, and AWS Lambda. This allows users to build and deploy their applications quickly and easily.
Amazon ElastiCache provides a resilient system that mitigates the risk of overloaded databases, which slow website and application load times, by automatically detecting and replacing failed nodes. Amazon Management Console along with Amazon ElastiCache allows adding an in-memory layer to the infrastructure in a matter of minutes.
GoDgtl is implementing AWS solutions for enhancing web services. Choose GoDgtl for reliable cloud migration and consultation services to ensure seamless integration of your valuable data into the cloud.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business thrive in the cloud era. Contact 24/7 – GoDgtl (go-dgtl.in).